Access Travel Pass Information and Application Form
Am I eligible?You may be eligible for an Access Travel Pass if you;
- have permanent physical disability, cognitive condition or mental illness,
- can travel independently
- are unable to consistently physically touch on and off or consistently comprehend the need to touch on and off
- are a permanent Victorian resident.
- Companion Card. Visit
- Multi-Purpose Taxi Program. Visit
How does it work?The Access Travel Pass is a registered myki card that gives you free travel on public transport in Victoria. It includes your name and photo, and comes with a lanyard to make it easier to carry. The Access Travel Pass gives you free travel on:
- trains, trams and buses in metropolitan Melbourne
- V/Line train and coach services
- regional town bus services
- other services operated by Public Transport Victoria.
How do I apply?
- Complete this application form
- Attach one colour passport size photo which has been verified (See Section 2)
- Have your health professional complete Section 4
You can download the application forms Below ” Access Travel Pass application form.pdf ” “PTV Access Travel Pass Application Form.DocX“
“Mine (Access Travel Pass) is the best thing that I’ve been able to use. I don’t have to panic when I’m trying to use the MYKI Machines to top up. As when I’m under pressure I panic and don’t know how to complete or find out what I need to do. With the travel Pass is takes away pressure in making sure I don’t have to worry about having enough credit or have remembered to follow procedural items. When I’m checked by inspectors I no longer panic, break out in sweats etc. Makes life with an ABI less stressful and safer for both myself and my family knowing that it’s one thing neither of us need to worry about”.
"I rang MYKI to get access travel pass form. The key is being a public transport user but cannot or struggle to use the myki system. In my case, the doctor confirmed that I find it hard to use the myki system because balancing on tram when trying to tag my card is really tricky."
“My tip, explain to your GP, or relative person who can sign form, what it is (the Access Travel Pass) and why you need it. For me, it opened a bigger world and takes a lot of pressure off remembering to tap on or off or to top up. I’m confident to get where I need to, without worrying if I forgot to tap, top up”.