Access Travel Pass Information and Application Form
Am I eligible?
You may be eligible for an Access Travel Pass if you;
- have permanent physical disability, cognitive condition or mental illness,
- can travel independently
- are unable to consistently physically touch on and off or consistently comprehend the need to touch on and off
- are a permanent Victorian resident.
If you need to travel with a companion/carer, you aren’t eligible for this pass. You may be eligible for:
- Companion Card. Visit
- Multi-Purpose Taxi Program. Visit
If you use a scooter or wheelchair for mobility outside your home, you may be eligible for a Scooter/Wheelchair Travel Pass. Visit ptv.vic.gov.au for more information.
How does it work?
The Access Travel Pass is a registered myki card that gives you free travel on public transport in Victoria. It includes your name and photo, and comes with a lanyard to make it easier to carry.
The Access Travel Pass gives you free travel on:
- trains, trams and buses in metropolitan Melbourne
- V/Line train and coach services
- regional town bus services
- other services operated by Public Transport Victoria.
Customers should check if their free travel pass is accepted before travelling with an interstate or private operator. These include NSW TrainLink, Great Southern Railway, airport services, tourist railways, privately run bus services and chartered trains, trams and buses.
Carry your pass with you when travelling. You don’t need to touch on or off, but you’ll need to show it to station staff to go through station gates and may be asked to show it to public transport staff.
The Access Travel Pass is free.
How do I apply?
- Complete this application form
- Attach one colour passport size photo which has been verified (See Section 2)
- Have your health professional complete Section 4
Send the form (flat and unfolded) by post to:
Access Travel Pass Applications, PTV Hub, PO Box 4724, Melbourne VIC 3001
Or in person to: PTV Hub Southern Cross Station
Please note: PTV can’t process an incomplete form or return forms and photos. Photocopied applications are not accepted. If you qualify for the Access Travel Pass, you will be notified by mail within 10 business days.
You can download the application forms Below