Ever wanted to meet up with others living with brain injury?
BIM launched a Peer Support Group (PSG) program in 2020. Groups are facilitated by a person with lived experience of brain injury. Group members meet regularly to support each other, learn new skills and have fun. For more information or to join a Peer Support Group email or telephone (03) 9639 7222. “If you’re feeling lost and want to make a connection to others with similar daily struggles, then these groups are a game changer. I’ve made some great mates and I’m now looking forward to tackling the future.” – Ryan Scown (PSG member)
Peer Support Group Information
Small groups of people with brain injury meet weekly to catch up, learn from each other and have some fun.
Online Coffee Mornings
Mondays at 11am open to anyone with a brain injury.
A fun way to start the week includes jokes, quizzes, and conversation starters.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the Zoom link.
• Northcote – Tuesdays at 10am – NorthmetroPSG@braininjurymatters.org
• Frankston – Tuesday at 10am – SouthmetroPSG@braininjurymatters.org
• Online only – Wednesdays at 10am – onbrainwavePSG@braininjurymatters.org
• Ringwood – Thursdays at 10:30am – EastmetroPSG@braininjurymatters.org
• Footscray – Thursdays at 10am – WestmetroPSG@braininjurymatters.org
• Gisborne – Last Wednesday of the month
• AWSABI (Albury-Wodonga Stroke & Brain Injury Inc) – 4th Thursday of the month, 10:30am
• Bendigo – Fortnightly on Thursdays, 11:30am
• Melbourne CBD Women’s Support – 1st Monday of the month, 11am
Contact email@example.com if you are interested in joining a group.